Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home



Nicholas and I came home today.  We were in the hospital for four days due to my c-section.  It was an -emergency c-section.  We went into the hospital at 3:00am.  My contratctions were 2-3 minutes apart and I was 4cm dilated.  The nurses came into to start my IV when suddenly the baby's heart rate dropped below the "safe line".  After a lot of commotion and concerned looks they realized I had went from 4 cm to 7 cm within seconds.  So now the IV is in and it is time for the epidural.  What a piece of cake.  I was so worried and actually felt nothing but pressure.  The next exam they found me at 8 cm but that Nicholas was facing up instead of down.  No worries yet...they could still turn him if need be.  Then my contractions slowed to 6 minutes apart.  They gave me a pitocin drip but that didn't work.  Dr said she was giving it 30 more minutes.  After 30 minutes the contractions were not progressing, Nicholas was still facing up and now my cervix was swelling and it appeared Nicholas was stuck.  So c-section it was.  They got me and Ryan all prepped, said goodbye to my mom and dad and wheeled me into the operating room.  Ryan was off to the recovery room and would soon join me in the OR.  Within seconds of being in the OR the doctor starts shouting "I have to cut now"  I can hear the panic in her voice.  Now I am freaking out.  Nicholas' heart rate has now dropped for the fourth time and this time the Dr is panicked.  Ryan isn't even in the room yet and she has started cutting then he walks in.  Its 8:02.  At 8:04 Nicholas is born but there is no crying so again I panic.  And then suddenly I hear the best sound in the world Nicholas' cry.  I start crying and Ryan is tearing up.  They bring Nicholas over and he is the sweetest, most gorgeous thing I have ever seen in my life.  He is perfect.  A picture is taken and then he is taken away to be cleaned up.  And then I am stitched up and its over.  I am brought to the recovery room and kept there for about an hour.  Nicholas and I are reunited in the room and I fall in love all over again with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment